Monday 18 January 2010

SPOTLIGHT ON MICHELE STEPHENS



Artist Information

Biography
I am a jazz pianist, vocalist, songwriter and indie recording artist from Cape Breton Island. I always loved the jazz, soul, R&B, broadway standards genres and cut my teeth playing piano bar style gigs, busking in Europe, weddings- you name it!  I am always working on my own sound vocally as well as improvising and accompanying on piano in a jazz style; adding my own inflections of Rickie Lee Jones meets Diana Krall and edgy, unique tone. I met and began playing music and touring with Swiss/Canadian bassist and recording artist Danick Clavel in 2007 which really allowed me to jam my tunes and establish a solid performance calendar. My debut solo album Bucket of Honey is a proud accomplishment for me and it drops on September 23,09!! It features original tracks as well as two remakes from Tom Waits and Dizzy Gillespie. As a duo we perform regular gigs such as : cocktail parties, corporate functions, Hotel lounges, some bars or pubs, special event appearances in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and want to play more and tour the album well into 2010.  Hope to play for you someday!! Michele

Instrumentation
Michele Stephens-piano & vocals
Danick Clavel- bass

Discography
Michele Stephens- Bucket of Honey- debut LP- Release date: September 23, 09
Michele Stephens- Red Letter Day- single- Release date: Feb.23, 09

Links
http://www.myspace.com/michelestephens

No comments:

Post a Comment